Wednesday 22 May 2013

Could Time Move any Slower?

Well today puts me at exactly 8 weeks pregnant, and let me tell you time is moving like molasses through the desert.

I spent 2.5 years trying to get pregnant which means there were approximatly 29 two week waits that I went through. During these two week waits I felt as if time were standing still. I would spend my days looking up 'symptoms' online and researching how I could make everything perfect to ensure I would concieve.  And then, every time, Aunt Flo would rear her ugly little head and I would move on.  My point is that I honestly didn't think that time could ever move slower than during those two week waits. I WAS WRONG!

I envisioned that once I were to concieve that I would be living on cloud 9 and that nothing could possibly bring me down....X - wrong again.

First of all at about 6.5 weeks I started having all day morning sickness which they say is quite common especially with twins.  I never physcially vomitted but there was lots of gagging, dry heaving and deep breathing.  The thought of eating chicken made me gag (and this is my go to protein as I don't eat a lot of red meat), the smell of food cooking, especially anything fried, made me gag. So eating became a chore, I have learned to eat small portions of things and to ensure I never let myself get hungry or the nausea comes full force.

My second major symptom was that I was TIRED and I would fall asleep quickly and deeply but about 3 hours later I was awake and I would toss and turn for the rest of the night.....this has now been non stop.

My third symptom is that I am more moody, I find my patience wears thin and I am grumpy often. I partially attribute this to my interupted sleep but I really think it's the hormones wreaking havoc.

I have been praying that this morning sickness would subside as its difficult to get anything done, however, I know that this is a good sign. So yesterday I felt great. I was a little gaggy in the morning but for the rest of the day I was hungry and energized. The problem is that this makes me worry.  Some people report vanishing symptoms as a sign of miscarriage......= me worrying

And this my friends is why time is moving so slow.  I don't want to wish away this pregnancy but I sure would like the first trimester to come and go so that my chances of carrying these two nuggets to term increases substantially.

So please pray that these nuggets continue to grow and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment